Digital Product & Ecommerce Leader
- 14+ years in the digital, product, ecommerce, and technology space
- 75+ digital, technology, projects, campaigns & programs
- Led team that launched startup's digital commerce platform that scaled from $0 – $175m+ (annually) revenue in 5 years
- Over 75+ Top Industry Honors & Awards
- Successful at navigating rough seas — challenges, change, and obstacles — to succeed where others have failed
* Transactions & revenue from past 5 years
"I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse."
– Florence Nightingale
- Responsive & Mobile Websites
- Mobile Apps (Native)
- User Experience & Digital Design
- Marketing Projects, Programs & Campaigns
- Ecommerce Implementations
- Custom Software Development
- Technical Project Rescue
- Retail - Digital Experiences
- AR/VR, Embedded Systems
Leadership & Management
Executive, GM, Product Owner, Project Owner/Manager, Scrum Master, Coach, Motivator
Ecommerce & Omnichannel, Digital Product, Business, Marketing & Growth, User & Customer Experience (UX & CX), Brand, Conversion Optimization, Systems Integrations, Technology Architecture
Financial Analysis, Planning, Risk Management, Vendor Management, Business & Data Analysis, Analytics, Optimization, Research, User Testing, Presentation, Content Strategy, Search, Email, Display, Remarketing, Social, QA, Process Development, System Architecture, Technical Consultant (Translation), Software Engineering Management, Complex Dependency Management
- Fashion & Apparel
Strategy Must Be Actionable & Measurable
I have a strong track record of producing strategic results in fast-paced, entrepreneurial organizations.
I help find opportunity, create actionable plans and lead teams executing digital experiences, ecommerce, marketing/growth, product and technology efforts for leading brands.
"Vision without execution is hallucination"
— Thomas Edison
My leadership success is a result of managing, coaching and mentoring my teams' members to grow individually and collectively to achieve their goals.
Equal parts torch bearer, coach, and mentor — my leadership can transform teams from good to great.
+ Keys to Impactful Leadership ...
- Trust - develop a sense of safety that allows them to take uncomfortable and necessary risk
- Focus & shared visibility - communicate clear goals and expectations for the team and individuals. Structure ongoing check-ins with candid feedback designed to improve performance
- Challenge & refine - critique and debate within a team, that has a high degree of trust, produces excellent ideation, execution and camaraderie
+ My Favorite Books & Articles on Leadership...
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships."
— Michael Jordan
I have experience across core business functions — sales, revenue generation, finance, marketing, product and customer experience.
- Financial modeling, budgeting & business case development
- Data analysis
- Sales process optimization
- Market / SWOT analysis
- Customer experience (CX)
- Internal process mapping, systems audits and optimization
Ecommerce & Digital Product Strategy
I have experience architecting, developing, launching and optimizing digital products and platforms. I've worked with ecommerce pure-play, retailer, branded manufacturer, digital product and omnichannel brands.
I can effectively translate between business, brand, marketing, UX/design, and technology teams to ensure communication and expectations are clearly managed on all sides
- User experience (UX) strategy - Multi-screen,mobile, responsive, embedded
- Customer journey mapping (CJM)
- Usability - testing, optimization
- Digital landscape mapping - platform, vendor, system
- Conversion & revenue optimization
- Customer acquisition, user engagement & LTV analysis
- Marketing ROI analysis
- Merchandising & content strategy
- Information architecture - catalog, taxonomy, content
- Shopping / product feeds
- Subscription commerce
Platform Experience: Magento Enterprise, Demandware, Shopify, Custom
I have hired, led and managed talented software, UX, and DevOps engineers over the last decade. I can manage the people, processes, and requirements that go into developing, deploying and scaling technology.
+ Software Engineering Process & Tools
Agile, Deadline Driven Development, Releases, Deployment, Sprints, Standups, Epics, Stories, Tasks, Test Cases, Points, Pair Programming, Code Review, Velocity, Remediation, Bug Requests Masquerading as Features, Documentation, Technical Design, Version Control, Master, Branch, Pull Requests, Code Review, QA, Automated Testing, UAT, Monitoring, Automation, Root Cause Analysis, Post-Mortem
Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Github, Coda, NewRelic, Pingdom, Nagios, jMeter, Chef, Puppet
+ Technology Implementation & Customization Experience
Custom Software, Ecommerce, "Single Page" Web Apps, Platform Integration & Deployment, Feature/Function Development, Native Mobile App, API Integration, Data Flow Process Design, Technology & Vendor Selection, Technical Audits, Optimization (for performance, scalability and security)
Ecommerce, ERP, OMS, WMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, Customer Service, PIM | SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, Batch, EDI
+ Tech Stacks, Frameworks & Platforms Familiarity
Stand Alone Platforms
Magento, Demandware, Wordpress, Squarespace, Shopify, Big Commerce, Joomla, Drupal
Stacks, Languages, Frameworks & Platforms
IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS... AWS, Cloudability, Algolia, Endeca, SendGrid, Mandrill, SailThrough, Softlayer, Rackspace, Linode, CloudFlare, Akamai
My marketing experience spans both B2C and B2B — with significant experience in digital marketing and content strategy.
I utilize a customer journey (CX) based approach to marketing strategy and execution. Starting with clear goals, leveraging available data and continually testing to refine the entire customer relationship funnel.
- Marketing planning
- Customer acquisition & activation
- Campaign execution
- Channel optimization & multi-touch attribution modeling
- Marketing & sales process implementation, optimization
- Digital marketing - search, email, display, remarketing, abandonment
- Content strategy, production & curation
- Social media
- Loyalty programs
Project & Program Management
I leverage a mix of business strategy, team leadership, project management, and product design. I take accountability for ensuring that the work executed stays on schedule, budget, and expectation. On a project, I work to act like WD-40 — removing and resolving issues — and gasoline — helping the fire burn hot.
- Product strategy
- Roadmap & backlog management
- Vendor management
- Ongoing measurement, testing & optimization
- Epic, story, & task management
- Schedule, milestone, & sprint planning
- Budget & resource management
- Dependency management
- Change management
- User & QA testing
I utilized the DesignThinking methodology with my internal team and clients across numerous industries. The DesignThinking structure facilitates collaboration, buy-in, problem-solving and real-time decision making across all participants.
I've led workshops for internal process improvement, product design, marketing and sales planning, building cross-team strategies and buy-in.
- Process improvement
- Product design
- Leadership development
- Marketing & sales planning
- Strategy development
“Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.”
— Jack Welch